If you have ever searched on Google, then there’s a very good chance that you’ve seen Google’s featured snippets.
Have you noticed that answers to your search question, appear at the top of the search results page.
Featured snippets are an indication of how valuable your website content can be to Google and to the people who use it.
In this guide, we’ll show you how to optimize your site so that it stands out as one of the featured snippets, when people search on Google Search.
What are featured snippets?
Google featured snippets are special boxes that appear at the top of the search results page.
These boxes highlight key information from a web page in order to give users a quick answer to their question.
To optimize your site for these snippets, you need to provide relevant and accurate content on each of your pages.
You can find out more about this process by reading this blog post: The Ultimate Guide to Optimizing for Google’s Featured Snippets.
Search Engine Land reveals that, a Featured Snippet gets around 8% of all clicks.
What are some ways featured snippets have changed the content strategy?
Google featured snippets have changed the way we optimize our content for the web.
By appearing at the top of the search results, featured snippets provide searchers with quick and easy answers to their questions.
This has made optimizing for featured snippets a top priority for many businesses and organizations.
Here are some ways you can optimize your content for Google’s featured snippets
Local business optimization tips
- Make sure your website is mobile-friendly.
Google featured snippets are pulled from mobile search results, so if your site isn’t optimized for mobile users, you’re missing out.
- Use keyword-rich titles and descriptions.
Google featured snippets are all about giving users the information they’re looking for.
Ensure your titles and descriptions are clear and concise, and include the keywords or phrases people are likely to search for.
- Structure your content using lists and headings.
Lists and headings break up large blocks of text and can help with scanability which improves engagement.
- Try adding visual media like images, video, infographics, etc.
Visual media can help with breaking up text on a page as well as engaging visitors who might not be interested in reading a lengthy post or whitepaper.
- Add social media buttons at the end of blog post
Social media buttons allow readers to share your content and contribute to its popularity by generating likes, shares, retweets, pins, and more.
Content marketing strategy tips for Featured snippets:
- By targeting long-tail keywords, you can increase your chances of appearing in a featured snippet.
- Use structured data to give Google more information about your content and help your pages appear in featured snippets.
- Optimize your page titles and meta descriptions to increase the chances of your content being selected..
- Include questions in your content that are likely to be asked by searchers and could be answered by a featured snippet.
Why your keyword research should include featured snippet opportunities-
If you want your content to be featured in a Google featured snippet, you need to make sure you’re including relevant keywords throughout your content.
But that’s not all!
You also need to ensure that your website is well-optimized and your content is formatted in a way that makes it easy for Google to understand.
How to Optimize For Featured Snippets
Find existing SERPs With a Featured Snippet
To find SERPs that have a featured snippet, you can use a number of different methods.
The first is to simply use Google search. When you do a search, look at the results on the first page. If you see a featured snippet, then you know that the SERP has one.
You may also be able to find it in Google’s Mobile Search Results Page (MSRP). You will see it below your search query and above the 10 blue links:
Also, if you are using an app like Moz or Ahrefs, then there are sections within those tools that allow you to quickly identify sites with a featured snippet.
Optimize Your content For That Specific Featured Snippet
- To optimize for a featured snippet, you first need to identify which featured snippet you want to rank for.
- Next, you need to make sure that your content is well-written and formatted correctly. It answers the questions that are being searched for.
- You also need to include the relevant keywords and phrases that are associated with the featured snippet.
- In addition, you need to make sure that your website is mobile-friendly and responsive.
- Make sure your site loads quickly and all of the information on it is current and up-to-date.
Optimize Your Page Around Several Different Long tail keyword Terms
When it comes to optimizing your page for Google’s featured snippets, you need to think about more than just one key phrase.
You need to optimize your page around several different long tail terms that are related to your main keyword.
This will help you increase your chances of being featured in the snippet.
For example, if you’re writing a blog post about how to fix a broken laptop screen-
Then you might want to include these phrases on your page: laptop screen replacement, broken laptop screen, broken laptop touchpad, and broken laptop display.
By including these phrases on your page, Google can find your page and feature it more easily.
Improve Your existing Google Rankings
If your page is not ranking on Google then trying to find a place in the featured snippets can be a little difficult.
Hence the first step is to ramp up your website to improve your Google rankings.
This step will increase your chances of getting featured if you follow the optimization tips.
So how do we improve our rankings on Google search engine-
Follow these simple steps to help your website rank better
- If you want to improve your chances of appearing in Google’s featured snippets, start by optimizing your website for better search engine rankings.
- Use keyword-rich titles and meta descriptions, and make sure your content is well-organized and easy to read.
- Pay attention to what users are searching for and structure your content accordingly.
- Use rich media such as images, infographics, and videos to enhance your content and help it stand out from the competition.
- Make use of tools like Google Adwords, Keyword Tool or SEMrush to find keywords relevant to your business. You can optimize for them and then target them on social media with paid ads.
- Target searches that are related but don’t have a lot of competition with long-tail keywords (e.g., pet supplies near me/ pet supplies for a new pet parent/ healthy pet food) instead of short head keywords (e.g., pet food).
When your competitors are targeting the same audience as yours it makes sense to be at the top of the game. Google featured snippets are one way of achieving that.
So what do you think !