Why is website content important? In the market your competitors are targeting the same audience share as you and your content is the key that makes your site unique from other websites.
Content helps you stand out from the crowd, making it easier for people to find you when they search online.
Once you understand the importance of website content you need to know-
As a website owner what should you include in your website content?
Here are some elements that should be included in every website content piece:
Relevance– Content should be relevant to the purpose of the website and easy to understand.
It should be aligned to the objectives that the website aims to meet.
It is okay to include some complicated terms or concepts, but they should be explained clearly and concisely so readers will not get lost.
Try visual mode if explaining through words become difficult.
Engagement– Your customers are looking for something that will engage them, not just information about how great your product is or how many features it has (though we all love those things!).
Provide value add.
for e.g.,- if you sell products related to home cleaning on your website- try to include some blogs where you can write about-
10 easy ways to remove coffee stains from your upholstery
5 easy to use tips to clear grease stains from your kitchen counter
Readability –As with any other type of writing , make sure your words flow well together — no one wants to read sentences that seem jumbled or unorganized!
Not everyone is a wordsmith- simple words that common man can understand is the key unless you are a tech related website.
Insightful- People don’t want to read boring facts and figures about your company, but they do want to know how it’s going to help them solve a problem or achieve a goal they have.
Help them out by providing useful insights into the industry and why you’re different from the competition.
Originality- In an age of information overload, people are looking for unique and original content that provides value to their lives.
Don’t just regurgitate what everyone else is saying; find a new angle on an old topic or dive deep into one aspect of an industry that no one else has covered yet.
Visual appeal- Content isn’t just text anymore; it’s images, videos, graphs and charts too!
Make sure each piece of content you publish has some visual appeal so that readers can easily digest it all at once without having to go back over it multiple times (especially if they’re reading on mobile).
Accuracy- If you’re writing about a product or service, make sure that everything is up-to-date and accurate.
You don’t want to mislead consumers about what they’re buying or signing up for!
Tips for writing compelling website content-
- Be clear, concise and to the point.
- Your readers are busy people, so write your content in a way that is easy for them to understand.
- What’s the most important thing you want your reader to know about? Tell them first!
- Use active voice.
- Use a conversational tone.
- Write like you speak — that means using short sentences and paragraphs with lots of white space;
- Don’t use long sentences or paragraph breaks just because they look good in print format!
- If you need help sounding more natural when writing out website content, try reading aloud what you’ve written in order until it sounds right.*
- Keep it short. Long paragraphs are difficult for people to read.
- Break up long blocks of text into shorter paragraphs and use bullet points or numbered lists to highlight key points.
- Use clear language
- Content should be written in simple language so anyone can understand it.
- Avoid jargon, slang and overly technical terms unless they’re absolutely necessary.
- Be consistent with your tone and style.
- Use the same tone throughout all pages on your site, even if you’re talking about different topics or types of products or services.
- Your tone should be friendly and conversational, but professional as well — not too informal or casual but not stiff either!
Writing website content is an art, but it’s also a science.
Websites are important business tools, and if yours isn’t getting the attention it deserves because of lackluster content, then consider looking at what is missing or needs tweaking to draw your audience’s attention.
1 thought on “Why is website content important you ought to know”
Pingback: How to become a ghostwriter